- Albuterol premixed nebulizer solution is on the list (25 vials for $4). That's pretty amazing considering that Proventil HFA costs around $55! Not that I'm advocating that doctors give all their asthma patients nebulizer machines, but the price of a basic nebulizer machine is around $55. This could be an interesting option for our self-pay patients who are really strapped for cash. Too bad there are no inhaled steroids on the list!
- Terbinafine (Lamisil) is also a $4 med. I can remember a time when it was well over $150.
- Metformin ER is generic. Having an extended release metformin may help some of my patients who complain for GI issues from the regular metformin.
- Antipyrine/Benzocaine otic drops are on the $4 list. That's good to know for my kids with simple but painful otitis media.
- Sprintec and Tri-Sprintec are the only $4 birth control pills on the list.
- Fosamax 70 mg is on the list. I had no idea!
There rest of the list is mostly common knowledge. I'm just waiting for simvastatin to go on the list.