Friday, June 11, 2010

The Walmart $4 Generic List

Here is the link to the Walmart $4 Generic List. Here are some interesting things that I noticed:
  1. Albuterol premixed nebulizer solution is on the list (25 vials for $4). That's pretty amazing considering that Proventil HFA costs around $55! Not that I'm advocating that doctors give all their asthma patients nebulizer machines, but the price of a basic nebulizer machine is around $55. This could be an interesting option for our self-pay patients who are really strapped for cash. Too bad there are no inhaled steroids on the list!
  2. Terbinafine (Lamisil) is also a $4 med. I can remember a time when it was well over $150. 
  3. Metformin ER is generic. Having an extended release metformin may help some of my patients who complain for GI issues from the regular metformin. 
  4. Antipyrine/Benzocaine otic drops are on the $4 list. That's good to know for my kids with simple but painful otitis media. 
  5. Sprintec and Tri-Sprintec are the only $4 birth control pills on the list. 
  6. Fosamax 70 mg is on the list. I had no idea! 
There rest of the list is mostly common knowledge. I'm just waiting for simvastatin to go on the list. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a great article. I’ve read in many other places before that but
I did not get this type of effective and more useful text. It is really important now to
vary your anchors as this seems more natural to user.
This article helped me a lot to understand information.

Unknown said...

This is a great article. I’ve read in many other places before that but
I did not get this type of effective and more useful text. It is really important now to
vary your anchors as this seems more natural to user.
This article helped me a lot to understand information.

Post a Comment